What's your opinion?

I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos the other night and right afterward, the 700 Club came on. I usually don't watch this, but I caught the first few minutes of it. A man said on there that, " People just don't care about human rights and religious freedoms anymore." That got me at first and the more I thought about it, I realized how true it really is. So, what's your opinion?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think people don't care about Christianity's rights anymore. Every other religion the US bends over backwards to defend.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 12:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't watch the 700 Club because they are a bunch of hypocrites.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:40 AM on May. 19, 2011

• at first I was going to say the guys probably a christian and a hypocrite.. but then I thought, well maybe not, what if he's referring to homosexuals and their rights that are still being violated BECAUSE of religious injustice. So yes there can be truth to the statement.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:44 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Which rights have Christians lost? I don't see any instances of rights being erroded

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It's seems to be the opposite to me. The government seems to be imposing their religious views on all Americans in the form of laws.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It isn't true at all. It's just that some Christians think that religious freedom means that Christianity is the only religion around and that freedom means everyone else gets to be forced into Christianity. When people say no, they don't believe in Christianity, some Christians are so shocked they think their "rights" to demand that everyone else believe what they believe has been taken away.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 6:59 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't watch the 700 Club because they are a bunch of hypocrites.Cafemom is full of liberal hypocrites and you partake in the bullshit everyday.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think calling one source hypocritical while contributing to more hypocrisy, is hypocritical itself.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Pat Robertson is the biggest douche bag I've ever encountered. The man is a homophobic, sexist bigot (you do realize, that he was sued years back for racial slurs, and that is why there has been the introduction of AA telecasters on The 700 Club).

He has an agenda- a simple one- fear mongering. It rakes in the cash. He is worse than Benny Hinn.

America has trended toward human rights, not away from. America enforces freedom of and from religion- their panties are in a bunch over several failed legislative attempts at christian domination, especially in regard to women's rights and the LGBT community.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:15 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with Obby...Pat Roberston is a jerk and does deal with the fear thing for sure. I can guarantee if he was the one doing the talking, he wasn't referring to anyone but Christians or the people they are helping in poverty situations*in other countries...
    watch the show 2 or 3 times and you will see just what he is all about. I'm sure he was definitely not talking about OTHER religious freedoms and homosexuality when he said that.
    I have watched the show a few times since I've been living in TX -it comes on after something I was watching before and sometimes I just leave it, because of curiosity of WHAT he is going to say next...I know- I should run for the remote- but it's kinda like a car wreck, sad and horrifying-but you can't help but be curious...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:10 AM on May. 19, 2011