WIC?

im 18 and still living with my dad....got pregnant using birth control and condoms

anyway i still live with my dad who makes i believe $100,000 a year....i dont have a bank account i cant find a job and i just finished high school last year, my babies dad and i arent married and the restaurant he was working at closed down so he doesnt have a job right now either

would i still qualify for WIC(im going to apply tomorrow) even though my dads buying MY food and wont buy my babies food when he's born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everybody gets WIC, you should still qualify.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Every state has different guide lines for qualification. you need to know exactly how much your dad makes and just talk to the wic office.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:35 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Because you are 18, you should qualify... I may not openly bring up dad's income until they actually ask, but since you aren't married, I am pretty sure you alone count
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 12:36 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Well don't tell them that your dad supporting u and baby cause you wouldn't get wic so just them that u livng there and
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 12:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Just baby daddy lost his job... right now he find another job. But don't bring uo dad.
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 12:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Because you are 18, you can apply for Medicaid, Food Stamps, and WIC. You should tell them that, while you live there, he is not providing for you AND your child. They may want him to sign something saying he does not provide, though.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 12:41 AM on May. 19, 2011

• my dad'll never sign that since he does buy me food for the week
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 AM on May. 19, 2011

• he buys my food for the week he wont buy his grandsons food when he gets here though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 AM on May. 19, 2011

• all they will ask for is proof of residence like a letter in your name and proof of income if YOU dont have income then tell them YOU dont work its not based on your dad its based on YOU
    mrsejaney

Answer by mrsejaney at 12:45 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Don't bother lying or keeping anything private. Answer the questions honestly. That's what Public Assistance is about---to assist the public who truly need it, not those who don't.

You should qualify, but do be honest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 19, 2011