My poor vagina!! :( adult content

It feels like the labia major are swollen, but nothing looks weird, maybe a little red and hurts like hell when I wipe, and often itches like crazy!!! I've never had a yeast infection or std, so I'm not sure of any symptoms to anything...any advice???

add on- Been in faithful marraige for 7 yrs, been having down-town health issues since having my tubes tied last April. Massive rectal itching on occasion, and now this out of nowhere. We've not even been having sex because the slightest amount of moisture makes me ass itch like freakin crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• Unless you're having excess discharge, ranging from milky to cheesy it's likely not a yeast infection. It is, however, likely that you contracted a bacterial infection when you had your tubal. Believe it or not, sadly, it is common :(

Get into your regular GYN pronto. Explain what you just did to us and ask for the full battery. I'm not going to question YOUR monogamy, but not matter how much you trust someone, there is *always* that chance.
    You can also pick up infections from trying on clothes- sounds crazy, but it's true. Don't jump to any conclusions, just go get tested. If it is a bacterial infection they'll know on site, same for yeast- if it isn't, you'll soon enough find out. I hate it for you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• If your DH isn't telling you the whole truth about where he's been it could still be an STD even if you've never cheated. It could also be a bacterial infection. When you see your doctor about this, ask them to test you for infections and diseases, sexually transmitted or otherwise.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 1:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Bacterial infection. Much more painful than a yeast infection. Go to the lady doctor for a test.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 12:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Do you use condoms? I was having similar symptoms, and it turned out I have a latex allergy. Just one suggestion.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You could try putting some plain yogurt on your labia. Sounds crazy but very soothing for yeast problems. I also suggest you add some probiotics to your diet. It will take awhile to rebalance your gut, but if you have itching front and back, you may have candida overgrowth. Check out brendawatson.com
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 1:07 AM on May. 19, 2011

• a yeast infection is more itchy on the INSIDe and there milky white creamy stuff coming out. You may have contracted an STD like crabs or w/e..and you may just have a simple rash. I get them all the time..especially during the summer and its hotter down there! wash it really good with soap and water. try putting some baby powder to keep it dry and talk to ur dr. good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:58 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Have you tried Vagisil anti-itch medicated wipes? They work very well for severe itching and burning.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:11 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Listen to ObbyDobbie.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 1:30 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I've had that before and yogurt soothes it...
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm not being a bitch but who have you had sex with lately?
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 12:56 AM on May. 19, 2011