Gardening?!

Did you plant a garden this year?? Were your kids involved in any way, and if so how old are they??
My kids are 5, 4, 2, and 1. Aside from the one yr old, the other 3 love to help me plant, weed and water everything in the garden, and all my flower pots as well! How important is gardening to you and your family?

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 12:54 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we planted a very large garden this year. We also sell veggies that we have an abundance of. this year we are looking to get a contract to supply a local gourmet catering service fresh veggies all summer. My kids love helping out. they pick, and clean and help us package stuff. They also love to help plant and water it too. Our garden is a staple for our family to eat off of every year. We freeze, can, and dry veggies so we can use them all year round.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:46 AM on May. 19, 2011

• This is a great time to bond with your children and teach then how things grow. I think it is a fabulous thing to do.
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 12:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• yes! we planted some hanging pots.. my son was 14 months when we did this he picked the flowers an placed them in their spots :) we love gardening so id say its important to us
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:58 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We started some stuff from seed and picked out other stuff together. My son likes mud and watering better than other stuff but we have fun and he is learning the lifecycles of plants. He loved when we found a REAL worm in the garden this weekend.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:49 AM on May. 19, 2011

• My dd and I love to plant flowers together. She doesn't enjoy the weeding much and sometimes leaves it halfway, but she still enjoys being outside with me. She loves planting vegetables a lot. For the past few years we've planted bell peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, and peas. She loves picking the peas and eating them like that. Last spring we also planted a pumpkin patch for her. It was so cute!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I didn't. I really really wanted to though.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We grow food, so gardening is pretty important. The kids, all of them, love to help me plant and cover the seeds. They are 8, 6, 4, and 2.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:47 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We have yet to plant anything. It has not stopped raining long enough to think about planting. But this is the first year my daughter and I are going to be planting one together.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We don't garden.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• dont but want too
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 7:40 PM on May. 19, 2011