I have a speck of black in my diamond. I just got it 2 weeks ago and just noticed. WTF

what is it? i think it's an imperfection. I'm not trying to sound like a whiny bitch but my fiance hasn't seen it in person and he proposed to me while he was in Iraq. He's sad right now so I don't want to complain about come on it's my wedding ring and i've shown it to a couple other people from work (even older men who don't care about diamonds) and they can see it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• That is what an imperfection/inclusion would look like. If you know the clarity of the diamond then you will know whether or not it is normal.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It is normal to find inclusions in diamonds and other natural gems. Not a problem, and they make every stone unique.

That's got to be a BIG OL DIAMOND if people can see the inclusion! Congratulations on your engagement!

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• he bought you a cheap diamond thats what that is!!! lol most diamonds have imperfections though depending on how visible to the naked eye is how much you pay for them!!! congrats
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Diamonds...they start as coal...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Alyson that was a little harsh.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:23 AM on May. 19, 2011

• screw you alyson
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Wow! @Alyson...I have to agree with Holly...that wasnt really necessary...you don't think you could have phrased that a little better?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:38 AM on May. 19, 2011

• alyson was tactless but on the money. The price of diamonds is based on the the 4 C's - cut, clarity, color, and carats. If you see an imperfection, then it has a lower grade clarity. Your fiancee may have chosen a lower grade clarity in order to be able to afford the larger size, or the "whiter" color. Not a big deal - there are very few "perfect" diamonds and really how many people are going to be looking THAT closely at your diamond? I would see it as giving my diamond character, you will always know YOUR diamond!

Answer by missanc at 9:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Why worry about the diamond when it is the man that you should be looking at his integrity.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:21 PM on May. 20, 2011