EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OMG HELP adult content

LAST NIGHT I HAD TO CUT OFF 18 and 1/2 inches of my hair AND 9 inches of my DDS hair because we had HEAD LICE & I COULD ONLY AFFORD 3 bottles of head lice shampoo I WASH OUR HAIR EVERYDAY AND WE STILL GOT THEM (not to the worst part just yet) I USE TEA TREE OIL TO REPEL THEM NORMALLY (kinda expensive) WHAT ELSE WORKS (THEYRE ALL OUT NOW) THE WORST PART IS WE WENT TO MY MILS HOUSE AND CAME HOME WITH THEM the crappy thing is she knew the other kids in her home and still neglected to tell us (PLUS SIDE I HAVE A CUTE SWINGBOB NOW)18 and 1/ 2 inches of my hair SNIFFLE SNIFFLE POUTY FACE

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 1:27 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• That sucks. I'm sorry. I also wanted to point out that lice prefer clean hair, so it's not about being dirty, and it's not your fault. Definitely inconsiderate of your MIL to NOT inform you of the problem they were having- I'd be pissed.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:52 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i'm sorry mama
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:30 AM on May. 19, 2011

• There is another silver lining to this cloud: There are people who will pay for long hair. Sell it online! (Some are wig makers, some are doll makers, and some are just perverts, so take care!).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I just add a couple drops of tea tree oil to DS's shampoo, and when I know he'll be around other kids the next day I have him use that shampoo instead of the non-mixed shampoo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 19, 2011

• do not forget to wash your pillowcases
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2011

• thats all been done
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep, like loving said, it's easier to catch lice the cleaner you are - the slide off of greasy dirty hair, but can cling to nice clean hair. So maybe also try washing only every other day from now on, once they're gone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• see if u can donate it to locks for life. Cancer patients
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My mother (who works at a preschool) said that lice actually prefer clean scalps, so I wouldn't take it as a reflection of your family's hygiene.
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 8:05 PM on May. 19, 2011