DISNEY your ads SUCK

Little boy runs to Donald Duck and gets a big hug? What a bunch of crap. Last time I was at DisneyWorld you had to wait in line to even get to see a character, and if you accidentally went up to one who wasn't at their "station" they'd completely push you away and snub you. You can't just "run up to them" anymore. False advertising.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Travel

• OMG!! You are so right. My husband it a former cast member and he said you should post that to Disney's website so they can read it. They should show people waiting in line! LOL!
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2011

• OMG! We paid so much money for her to have the Disney Cruise experience, and while there was a party with the characters for the kids, Daisy ignored all the kids running to her and kept playing with the same little girl, almost as if it was her relative or something! All the other kids noticed it too and my daughter said "I don't think I like Daisy!!!" I was SO mad.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:46 AM on May. 19, 2011

• So agreed. I like that you know where the characters will be and have access to them, but the thrill of running into one is gone and the waits are ridiculous. This is not a new comment to Disney because I posted it on a survey they sent me after a survey I did in the park.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We've ran into them a couple of times and they've always been polite. I think it just depends on the situation. Sometimes they are walking fast because they have to get to a line, dinner, show, etc.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• You need to go to smaller, family run places to get to see anything the way it used to be. There is an amazing place in Sterling, Massachusetts called Davis' Farmland, and everything there is so magical that Disney sends people there to spy out their secrets. Well, the secret is- THEY CARE!!! I've been there a million times and the staff is so amazing! My friend took her daughter there and they were too late to milk the goat. Her little girl was so disappointed, as it was the last thing she wanted to do before leaving. As she started to cry, an employee asked her mom if she were ok, and she told him about it. He at once asked her if she would like to go in with him and help him milk the goat. She stopped crying, he took her hand, and they went inside. He even showed her a silly game that the goat plays, running around and jumping onto her milking stand. It was so great my friend cried :) Her daughter still talks about it :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:04 AM on May. 21, 2011