Do you need a special phone to Twitter on?

I am probably the most techno-NOT savvy of any Mom here. I am only on my third cell phone in my 51 years on Earth. I have all of them in the original boxes. Some are huge!

But, back to the question, do I need to upgrade my phone to be able to Twitter? I have several cousins who are now Twittering and I would like to join in.
Any ideas or help you can give me is most appreciated. I am with AT&T, formerly Cingular.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:42 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Technology

• any smart phone will do and a lot of them already come preloaded with twitter, if not just go to the App Store on the phone and downloaded from there and just set up an account with them unless you already have one on your computer at home or laptop
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 1:51 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think any blackberry, iphone or android phone.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• To give you scale, I shot them together with digital camera. The MASSIVE one on the far left is a Motorola Digital Personal Communicator.  You could knock someone out with the battery alone!  The phone in the middle is my favorite, Nokia Stick phone.  Notice on the Motorola and the Nokia, you HAD TO RAISE THE ANTENNA, for it to work.  The Samsung is what I have been using for the past four  or five years.  I know how to call someone, keep my dates and appointments and I wake up and go to sleep with the timers/alarms.  NOW, that you have picked your jaw up off the coffee table, (if you have one, I do) and stop the laughing, I am NOT techno savvy at all.  I think I will stick with postage stamps. Regards, Jeanne

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:00 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have all of the original boxes these old phones came in. My kids can donate them to some museum, very soon. Laugh my big old fanny off!
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:04 PM on May. 19, 2011