Gas in my tummy??

It hurts so bad that I can't even sleep. It's awful! Some nights it bothers me, but it goes away, usually I can go to sleep in spite of it all, but not this time!

It only comes at night. At first I thought it was my usual glass of warm milk, or maybe the fact that I had been having wine with dinner more often then usual... but it persisted.

Each night about an hour or two before bed it starts...some nights I hardly notice, some nights it's painful but goes away... tonight it is at its worst!! I can't sleep, I can't lay still- I tucked my babies into bed and I got a pang so bad that I couldn't walk and had to grab the door frame. It's awful!

Whatever it is, it's in my stomach for sure. I've been walking around and it's caused a few burps, and some "other" gas relief, but the pain doesn't feel like it's subsiding. I'm in enough pain to consider a visit to the ER... any suggestions before I have to take that plunge?!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 1:42 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• do you have any ginger in the house? boil it in water and drink the water. I always keep some ginger candies at home that help too. Trader Joes and Cost Plus sell them. I don't know if you have these stores where you live. You need to cut out the warm milk at night and see if that's the culprit. Otherwise, try to notice what is the one think you eat every time this happens.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• too much fat in your diet will cause your gall bladder to flare up. pancreatic problems can also cause abdominal pain. please explain where the pain is - upper abdomen? right quadrant? bowels?
    Choosey

Answer by Choosey at 5:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It's upper abdomen I guess... Just under my sternum. Definitely stomach pains, not intestinal or bowel pains.

I've cut a LOT of fat out of my diet lately because I've begun to see a nutritionist and am working on weight loss. I wouldn't suspect it would be that, but I'm no expert!
    livn4hevn

Comment by livn4hevn (original poster) at 5:38 PM on May. 23, 2011