do you correct your husbands parenting?

sometimes my hubby yells a lil too loud and i have to tell him to stop. what do u do?
and if u dont then dont answer please....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• We do the same thing. We don't over ride or undermine each other, but if one of thinks the other is making a little more out of a situation than need be, we say things like. "I think you're over reacting a little bit" or something along those lines. But we try not to do it in front of the kids because I think it send the message that we (kids) can play one against the other. JMO

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If he gets a little over-enthusiastic with the yelling I simply tell him please don't yell. And yes, I do it in front of the kids and he does the same to me.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• ALL THE TIME! I feel terrible doing it, especially when I am in a position where I have to do it in front of my son because I don't want to undermine my husband's authority. Sometimes I think he goes too far though. We have a huge issue with my son not wanting to eat dinner and that is when hubby gets the most irritated with him and I have to check him. He also tends to be stern with him on a regular basis which bothers me. I'd like him to be more nurturing but I try to remember that is the mom's job more than dad (he is step dad).
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My husband just told me the other day that I do this but I don't think I do it that much. Just when he gets to strict or reprimands my daughter without knowing the whole story (like she asked me permission and I already told her yes).
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• lol, on the other hand I'm the one more often than not who yells. To which my hubby usually responds by yelling "no more wire hangers!" over me which the kids think is hilarious even though they don't know why.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I try not to act like I know everything about our daughter but I am the one with her all day so yes I have to correvt hubby a lot and I tend to stand by him when he is doing anything with her. He talksloudly too and I just tell him to talk softer to her so that she doesn't get the impression that he is angry. It seems to help. good luck
    augustmommy08

Answer by augustmommy08 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• dont ever correct each other in front of the kids that's all i know
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2008