Public Candy machine dispencers~

DO u ever wonder if these are highly germy??? I let my daughter get little gum things out of one today. The whole time I was wondering are the full of nasty germs, have they ever been cleaned???? what do u think?

faithful78

Asked by faithful78 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I worked at walmart and we cleaned them every day. i don't know about other stores though.
    Anonymous

• Im pretty sure they are decent... Cuz the candy is up inside, and the vendor comes and fills them.. I would like to believe they arent that bad..

I used to work at a walmart - and the vendor would come everyday to clean it early in the AM... so... just depends on the person.
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I use to get them all the time when I was a little girl. And so did my kids. I am sure you probably did too. Let me tell you a small story. Not about the gum ball machines but about my aunt and germs.
    When my aunt had her baby she gave her a bath 3 times a day. Morning, nap time and bed time. My baby cusoun was always sick and having to go to the Dr. One day the Dr asked her if she let the baby get dirty and my aunt told him no and told him her bathing schedule for the baby. He told her to stop. The reason her baby was always sick was because children need germs to build they're immunity. The saying "Dirt don't hurt" is true. Yes there are dangerous germs. But kids need some of those germs to have a healthy immunity system. Ask your child(rens) pediatrician.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 11:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• ICK I dont know if they get cleaned but I only let my kids have something out of them if we have a ways to go until next meal time and they have behaved themselves (like in the store)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When i said I wonder if their clean I was refering to the part that u open to get out the candy... wonder how many germy hands have touched it. yuk~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• they are probably really nasty but like previous post that is how kid build immunity
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2008