Am I wrong to feel this way?

I was so mad today. A friend of my SIL who lives near me called me 3 times and texted me 9 times this afternoon! She wanted to make some rice crispy treats for a big baby shower this weekend and wanted to borrow one of my cookie cutters. She knows that I'm busy with my daughter's homework and then afterschool activities and don't get home till dinner time. So as we are having dinner she texts me again and my husband got mad bc I don't allow him to use his phone during dinner. I think if she's going into the expense of making like 50 rice crispy treats, she can afford to walk into a Michaels and buy a $4 cookie cutter, instead of calling and texting me every 15 minutes - they had what she wanted. Am I wrong for getting frustrated over this?

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 2:07 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• It's frustrating that she's doing all that work just trying to get a hold of you for ONE item when she can easily purchase it herself in probably less amount of time and energy. I'd get frustrated over it too.

I guess you never know when people are going to constantly call and harass if they can't reach you. If you checked your messages during all her constant bugging...you could've let her know outright that she would either have to wait till YOU'RE free or tell her where you got it so she could go out and her one herself, but I do understand what you went through. I've also been frustrated with that sort of thing. You do have a right to feel the way you feel.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I guess I don't understand why you didn't just send her a quick message back that she couldn't use it. I mean... I would be annoyed by her constant nagging, but you could have just as easily stopped it with one text.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:10 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you couldn't of just texted her back real quick, takes 5 seconds.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 6:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• She shouldn't have waited til last minute, but was obviously bugging because of her time issue. I don't think you have a right to be mad since a quick text after her first message would have prevented all the rest.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:19 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I see where your coming from, she should have given you more notice if she wanted to borrow something, and it should have been you sayin 'Come at get it at (whatever time).'
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 2:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• That's what DH said, but I thought okay maybe after dinner I can text her to come over and pick it up. Then I find out from one of her texts that she can only come a certain time and she needs to start making the treats tonight since she has to make so many! I guess next time I'll take DH's advice and just say "today is not a good day for me!"
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I do not really understand why you are upset? All you had to do was text her back.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:16 PM on May. 19, 2011