Any ideas on how to get rid of the Paci. I can't take it anymore!!

My DD is 2 years 3 months. She loves her paci. About a month and a half ago we took it away during the day. The only time she can have it is in bed. But she seriously will go into our room (where she sleeps) and climb into her crib and suck on it for ten - twenty minutes and then climb back out and go on about her day. She does this three or four times a day.
At night if the paci falls out of the crib she freaks out. Seriously scares the living daylights out of me as she acts as if it's a major catastrophe.

I've tried cutting the tip off of them. no go. I've tried giving her one's she doesnt like. She just doesnt care as long as she's got something.

This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be!! :)

Catherine

cpittaz

Asked by cpittaz at 3:38 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly we just took it from our daughter. She gave us a week of pure hell but it's been 2 months and we've been going 2 monts strong! It's hard but you can do it.
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 3:50 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Throw it away. Make sure she has another lovey she can turn to, like a stuffed animal or blanket, and just throw them away.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:00 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yup, I'd say TRASH IT, I am sooo glad my boys didn't use one, they are hard habits to break. Just be persistent, tell her she is big now and babies need them so hers is going to a baby who needs it, and give her a doll or something. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:00 AM on May. 19, 2011