High school friends

I am so unlucky with this. Ok just bout everyone that has known me from high school i have reconnected with on FB. Some I have had disagreements with because they only remember me as that girl from high scool. In high school I was friendly, easy going, and pretty much a happy person. I am still a happy person and kinda easy going but I am motr vocals about my opinions and stuff (matured). But when i talk to them they have failed to realized I have moved on from that. i am not that girl back in the day. I have gotten into sooo many arguments with them because the fail to realize i am a person not that little girl from before.

It annoys me cause I am just not that girl anymore. I think some of them thnk I am a pushover (cause I was typically not violent) but I am not. I can stand on my own two feet. I'm a proud single mother and college student doing my damn thang!!! lol I am doing a VERY hard job VERY well.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• The people who can't accept that you've grown up....hey you were fine before you reconnected, you'll be fine if you give them up...why waste your time arguing with people ya know? If they don't want to see that your not the same person then cut them out of your life...that's what I would do (and have done) Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:47 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I was thinking that and had to tell a few of them (even one a few moments ago) girl you don't know anything about me and what i do so f u. I'm not bout to get bent out of shape for some overgrown......well lets not repeat that :) But basically I had to tell chick you never knew me so wy you judging me?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Get off facebook and find some real friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think you may have to ask yourself, why you have these people added to your page if you don't like how they view you. Of course they are going to view you the way they remember you in high school...that's all they know. People can grow up and do a complete 180 of how they used to be the thing that matters is that you know who you are. Stop trying so hard to prove that you are "different" and be happy with who you are, if they don't like it or if they are fighting with you because they know you "weren't" like that in high school....delete them. It's a complete waste of time.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:03 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I have a small group of high school friends and we try to stay very close. We meet at last once a month for dinner, whatever. We were the best of friends back in the day and remain that way. We're all in different directions, but we respect and accept each other for who we are then and now. If you have problems with your friends, you need to share feelings with each other even if it's on Facebook. If it doesn't work out, simply "unfriend" them. Some people just like and/or need to hang on to the past. You can't control their actions, but you can control your own. Move on and continue to be happy!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:23 AM on May. 19, 2011

• um ignore them usually works well
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• lol yeah I unfriend the person a long time ago she saw me talking to a mutual friend and then chimed in. Se asked me a question and she didn't like my answer. My response was wy did you ask if you did not want to know? lol She doesn't know a damn thing about me. From her response only thing she "knows" about me is what my cousin told her. The girl hasn't seen me in over 10 years so I don't know how she can give an accurate assement of my character lol I thinkshe is just some low self esteem fat girl lol No harm no foul to me :D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on May. 19, 2011