Hello i need help or advice, im starting to freak out =(

hello everyone, im Tara. im 20 yrs old. i usually get my period on the same day every month, no problems, no mishaps. the last time ive had my period is April 10. seeing as its already May 19 im 9 days late which is unusual for me.let me also inform you i have unprotected almost everyday since i live with my boyfriend,even though we both know it doesnt work we use the "pull out" method.ive taken a home pregnancy test on May 14 and it was negative.. my boobs are very sore and have been for the past week now. i feel sick sometimes through out the day but it doesnt seem to stay very long. i have headaches all the time. it seems like im always hungry and always craving some type of candy or icecream. i feel as if im gaining a little wieght but my boyfriend doesnt think so. we both however think my boobs are growing. im having alot of moods swings and getting mad over no reason and feel like crying over the tinyest things. DO YOU GUYS THINK I COULD BE PREGNANT EVEN THOUGH THE TEST WAS NEGATIVE? PLEASE HELP ME IM FREAKING MYSELF OUT OVER HERE!!! PLEASE&THANK YOU! =)

TareBear26

Asked by TareBear26 at 5:05 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• False negatives are common...if your really concerned go to the Dr and ask him to do a blood test
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes I do. I would love to calm your nerves with a different answer however I have known several people who had a negative home peg. test result who acutally were pregnant.
    AmyF247

Answer by AmyF247 at 5:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep, false negatives are very common, as the PPs stated. Here are some more early pregnancy symptoms to watch for:
    Missed period (duh)- check
    Nausea at any time of day ("morning" sickness is a misleading name) -check
    Headaches - check
    Sore/tender breasts - check
    Mood swings - check
    Fatigue
    Highly sensitive sense of smell
    Light cramping/spotting (can be normal)

Some women have all of the symptoms, some only have a few. BUT those symptoms don' always add up to pregnancy...they could be something else. You can probably get a free test done at a clinic. It would still be urine but a stronger test. That's where I would start, anyway. I have 2 "unplanned" boys, the first one when I was 20 so I can relate. If you want to chat you can Chatterbox or PM me. good luck
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 6:58 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Go get a couple tests from the dollar store. Cheap and they work just fine! Then you get test every day for the next week. If you are, you will eventually get a positive. If still getting negatives and no period, maybe just make a visit to your doctor.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:55 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I am going through the same thing as you. But I have 3kids. I have not beeen on birth cntrol because of health issues but haven't been intimate w/my spouse..just a few times.so I've been doing a period trackr on my phone(tells when ur ovulating&wn u shld expect a period).I know my body pretty well& the past 2 days,I've felt pregnant. I'm also 8-9 das late. I took a test y-day&it was negative.but I had the same issues w/my othr pregnancies(negative results when I was prego).my 1st preg.for 5weeks had - results, finally I insisted th Dr did a blood test&it came bk + ,then an u/sound confirmed I was 6 weeks prego?! They told me I am jst 1of those Moms w/a low HCG level..so it doesn't showup w/@home tests(but try to buy a test the nite b4.&remember to take the test 1st thing in the morning.so your urine isn't diluted. &maybe go to a Dr&they can check .let me know how it goes! :)
    mariposamami07

Answer by mariposamami07 at 8:23 AM on May. 19, 2011

• im 20 now haveing my 2nd baby sounds like you are prego..id just make an apt with your obgyn or go to a pregancy center they usually are free and they have the same hosppital grade test that your doc would have...i did that with this one and they were amazing and i just got a check up call from them and they told me they would help me out if i needed it!!! feel free to talk if ya want to....GL
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes I do, cause my period was due May 6th, and I took a test on the 6th and then again on the 8th and it said negative. So when I didnt get it by the 11th I took another one and it was positive. I went to the doctor on the 12th and was told the same thing that I am preganant. I would wait a few days and take another one. Make sure its with your first pee in the morning too, that will be a better result. So good luck hope all works out for you.
    jennylynn512

Answer by jennylynn512 at 11:44 AM on May. 19, 2011