I've noticed a couple of quirky habits in my grandaughter. I wonder if she is autistic.

AmyF247

Asked by AmyF247 at 5:54 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So, what's the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Call a counselor to discuss your concerns.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:11 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Is there a question there? Either way, a child having some quirks is not a way to diagnose autism. If you are truly concerned, then you should talk to a Child Psychiatrist or someone else who is capable of diagnosing autism. Although, as the Anonymous person before me said, it could be too early for all the actual signs to be there and you may have to wait to get a real diagnosis anyway.
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 7:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• @ Anon. She's not way too young to diagnose, actually it is often diagnosed between 2-3 and plenty of girls are diagnosed each year.   Look up Autism warning signs. Try Autismspeaks.org for info.

Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:32 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Wow. The ignorance on here is incredible. I second what Kimedbs said. She is not too young to be diagnosed. What are these quirks exactly?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:35 AM on May. 19, 2011