has anyone ever had a problem with mirena or copper IUD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• A good friend of mine had one perforate her uterus a few months back and damage her bladder she had to have abdominal surgery to fix it all.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had the copper one, and it made my periods very heavy and painful.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had the Mirena put in last June to help relieve horrible AF symptoms. I used to be in bed at least one day out of every AF it was so bad. The Mirena has done what it was intended to do and I don't suffer from that anymore. I am totally loving it, and am even saving money LOL. I haven't worn a tampon or pads in month as my 'flow' if you want to call it that is really only spotting and I am able to just wipe when I use the bathroom without having any messes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I just got Mirena in Oct and I'm having symptoms similar to that of pregnancy, so I wouldn't say that its perfect. I also bled for 6 weeks after I got it. And it's painful having it put in, very painful (think labor, backwards, quickly. The contraction right before you start screaming? That one. That kind of pain.) But, I figure if I give it 5 years to work, my body will have to adjust sometime, right?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2008