DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO HELP SAVE A RELATIONSHIP WHEN KIDS ARE INVOLVED?

crystal361_03

Asked by crystal361_03 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• That would all depend on the situation! Details!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Marriage counseling
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If there is abuse involved, there is no saving the relationship. Instead, get out BECAUSE of the kids. You don't want them to believe that the abuse is a normal thing and thus repeat it in their own relationships.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree...it depends on the situation. You cannot base your relationship around the children...It will be harder for them to see the two of you unhappy, then it would if you were apart.
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 11:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If it is a broken home and can't be fixed it is better to be from a broken home than in one
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My parents waited until we were older to get divorced- they never fought, but there definitely wasn't any love there for at least the last 10 years of the marriage. I SO WISH that they would have done it sooner! Happier parents make better parents. Also, it terrified my mom as we got older that my sister and I might end up in bad relationships because we thought what they had was normal. Seriously, your kids don't need a "stepford family" to grow up happy and healthy. You can both love and support your kids from seperate houses.
    esr

Answer by esr at 3:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2008