I'm having a surprise graduation party for my 11 year old. What can I do to ensure her friend won't spill the beans?

A few weeks ago one of her friends had a surprise birthday party and some of the friends told her beforehand. I don't want my daughter to find out by any means. I'm having lunch at her school today where I will pass out invitations. What can I do (besides not inviting anyone) to make sure she doesn't find out? I'm close with some of her friends' moms so I just told the moms and I know they will keep the secret. But it's the other school friends she has whose moms I don't know quite well is what I'm concerned about.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:12 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wouldnt pass them out. Give them to the moms even if you dont know them well. The moms will probably want to meet you before thier kids attend anyways. You could write it on the invite or on the envelope. "Top Secret Surprise Party (Dont tell Emily!)" and just hope that they listen!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:29 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe write on the Envelope : To the Parents of Jane Smith? Then they wont break the seal and the parents can be in on it. Other than that I don't really know how to keep a gaggle of girls from spilling the beans
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I also love Cassie's idea.
    amber710

• A lot of kids will open the envelopes anyway even if it's addressed to their parents. Just a thought.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would NOT give them to the girls. Especially at school. I would give them to the parents.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:42 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Is there any way you can do a little creative "misdirection" in the invitations so that everyone could be surprised particularly if someone talks?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:59 AM on May. 19, 2011