Potty training question!!

My dd is 21 months and I'm thinking of potty training her. I just got her sister, who will be 3 at the end of next month, a couple months ago and now she wants to potty train too! She will poop and pee on the potty perfectly fine, but she more or less likes to play on it. She will say she has to go every minute, just to go get on the potty!! Should I wait a little while until she learns not to play or just keep up with her?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:20 AM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it is awesome that she is soooo interested i would keep doing it with her
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:23 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Just keep up with her and let her enjoy it. What a blessing that she is interested this young. Hang in there Mom.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 8:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would just let her go. If she is ready to poop and pee I'd go for it. The potty is like anything. While she thinks it's fun today the novelty will soon wear off.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• No keep up with her that is sooo great that she is that interested. It definitely can't hurt to keep trying. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with PPs; keep it going while she still thinks it's fun!
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:40 PM on May. 19, 2011