Another feel good speech coming from Obama complete with our money.

So, today Obama will give a speech to the Middle East and the world from Philadelphia. I hope they all have their TVs on.
He will once again reach out to Muslims in a walk the line friendly way yet still pushing for peace. He will put on his world leader hat and once again try and convince the people of the Middle East that he meant what he said in his unfulfilled 2009 speech but that things have changed. America has a new Middle East Policy, one that is as diverse as Obama himself. Carney says this will "be news".

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/obamas-middle-east-speech-has-many-american-audiences/

Along with this speech the new policy will be offering up money we don't have so that Arabs can find a job.

Obama is laying out a specific economic aid plan that includes about $2 billion for Egypt as the United States seeks to help get at the root cause of so much of the upheaval in the Mideast. The protests were not just about human rights, they were about the hunger of millions of young Arabs who are simply looking for a job.

Aren't you happy for them?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/19/obama.speech/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:34 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Awwh yay! I love his speeches!
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:36 AM on May. 19, 2011

• What a weenie ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 19, 2011

• well...he did promise change..... :-/
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 8:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• – collapse

Yeah because we need to go back to the past---a long time ago---Isolationism-- and who cares what happens to the rest of the world,right? ....sigh....... ANd lets also ignore the needs of a huge chunk of our American population too while we are at it. Lets make sure that funds only go to the people you think deserve it. Who is on your "good list"?  Heh.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I'm bursting with fruit flavor I tell you.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• More money we can not afford to spare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I thought it was 'arrogant' to expect the rest of the world to live like we want them to. Well, at least that's what he said before.

I won't bother listening to his speeches. I will read the transcript and avoid the flowery speech pattern, pauses for applause and all of the needless back-patting once the whole thing is over. It will take me a fraction of the time and I will get the content that I need to form an opinion about his speech.  I have more important fish to fry at the moment.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:33 AM on May. 19, 2011

•  Lets make sure that funds only go to the people you think deserve it. Who is on your "good list"?  Heh.

_______

Yet its ok to take funds from people on your "bad list" Interesting...

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:38 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yet its ok to take funds from people on your "bad list" Interesting...

Indeed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 AM on May. 19, 2011

• WTH why are we still sending money to other countries? If they don't pose an immediate threat to us, they need to fix their own problems. I thought we were in debt. so apparently, we aren't and have lots of money to spare.

When you can't put food on your own table, is that really the best time to offer to buy groceries for your neighbor?
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:48 AM on May. 19, 2011