My diet has gone out the window :(

There's simply too much temptation in this house! So if I eat all the chocolate, I shall not be tempted tomorrow! :) Oh who am I kidding, I can't diet to save my life! Help me people! Come and remove all junk food from my home!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 8:58 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• the trick to 'Diet' is NOT dieting...change your eating habits. Everything in moderation. If you are hungry for chocolate....eat one or two bites and then put away. IF you deny yourself you will just binge and make it worse than before. Dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate. IF you are buying the groceries....go in with a list and stick to that list! NO STRAYING! ;) Good luck! As far as exercise...put on music and dance while you clean... silly I know...but it is FUN exercise AND multi-tasking! ;)
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 9:03 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You've not yet found a way or reason to make the pain dieting less than the pain of putting the diet off. Quit dieting for the time being and have a rethink of just what you're dieting for? Maybe you need to choose an easier, slower diet too?
    quiescence

Answer by quiescence at 9:02 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Its OK to indulge ONCE IN A WHILE. But yeah, try not to buy the junk food in the first place :P Unless you are like me and your kids bring it home FOR YOU ugh :/

Every day is a new day. Stick with it, and you should be fine :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think you know what you need to do to get back on track. Have you tried a meal makeover diet? Start with one meal or snack and make it healthy. Then pick another to make healthy while keeping up with the make over of the 1st meal. Work on a different meal or snack each week until you are eating healthy all the time. This will take longer to do than most diets but you didn't get to this point in a matter of a month, so you should expect to fix it in a month either.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think that the trick is buying foods you actually prefer to junk. For me, I would eat a bowl of fresh peaches or a carton of raspberries ANYTIME over chips and pop. I like tea over sodas and juices...out of actual preference, not just when I'm dieting.

Don't buy bad things you know will tempt you, but spend a little extra money on things you know you will eat that you really LOVE that aren't bad for you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:10 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Fad diets don't work mainly because with temptation from fat and sugar, we are set up to fail. We are genetically the same as our hunter gatherer ancestors. For them, fat and sugar was pretty sparse in nature. When they were lucky enough to find it, they ate as much as they could. We get waaaaaaay too much access to it in our food supply. So what we must do is change our belief system about food and how food affects our health. We see all the studies that say if you eat more fruits and vegetables, the more you reduce your susceptibility to chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, hypertension, etc. These are well established facts. But what are we thinking when we go to the grocery store? We fill our carts with processed, packaged dead "food.". The kind of stuff that makes us sick! When you go shopping, only buy the stuff that is good for you. These are mainly the foods around the outer ring of the store.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 9:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with nepenth429. You can't have that "diet mentality". You need to find something you can stick with for the long term, and allow yourself SOME indulgences. Don't let one bad decision totally derail you. Get rid of the junk food in the house, and don't buy more. Allow the occasional treat, but make it count. Don't waste the calories on "so-so" tasting foods, and don't eat an entire platter of something, just one or two bites. YOU CAN DO THIS.  You just need to find what will work for you. I would strongly suggest eating clean, which is what's helped me lose over 60 lbs so far. Here is some other weight loss advice. Get rid of processed foods, and literally start from scratch. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It's simple, just open up the trash can and start dumping. When you are shopping just walk on by that junk food.
    Always have a "fruit salad" (i make a huge bowl of cut up fruit every week) and veggie sticks in the fridge. If the kids fuss give them a fun squirt of low cal whipped topping on theirs
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I haven't bought bad foods for ages, but we had people over on the weekend so there is loads here left over!

quiescence I guess your right, I just need to tone up really not lose weight.
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2011

• PsychicSherry I always plan on doing so much excersice, then I get so easily distracted it's unreal!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 9:05 AM on May. 19, 2011