What do you think is worse pain wise...

having a baby or watching you parent die?

In my opinion as i found out yesterday, watching your father take his last breath is far worse then giving birth!!!
Im Going to miss him soo much..but he has no more pain now

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:11 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• So sorry hun, I'm sure you've heard, it does get easier with time, I've lost my father too. Pain wise though, its a different kind of hurt so I don't think they're comparable. Take care of yourself
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• hugsUm well you are talking about 2 different kids of pain, physical and emotional, kind of like comparing apples and oranges...Sorry about your Father

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I was 14 when my Dad died, and I didn't actually see it happen, he was found after taking an overdose. I'm not sure people can decide this unless you've experienced both. Sorry for your loss.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:15 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You get over the physical pain of childbirth in a snap. You don't get over the emotional pain of watching you dear parent die. You get used to is, move on, but never get over it. But there is love expressed in such pain. Your Dad mattered. He still matters. I wish I could be there for you. Gather momentoes around you. I envy you having a father you loved so well. God bless.
    quiescence

Answer by quiescence at 9:19 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Hmm... I don't really see either as *painful*. Birth and death are both part of the life cycle and both are necessary for the continuation and renewal of humanity. I held my dad's hand as he died and I brought two children into the world without the use of pain medication. Both had their moments of "oh wow, that's intense". I cried after my father died because I knew I'd miss him. I cried out when I birthed because my body was doing something so amazing it was painful, but I don't remember the pain of it, only the wonder.

Death is a miracle just as birth is. It's melancholy and bittersweet, but a miracle nonetheless.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sending love and strength your way.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:41 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would take any amount of physical pain any day over the piercing emotional pain that I experienced when my dad died. With physical pain you can usually take some kind of pain reliever to help with the pain, but the angst that I felt when I realized that I would never see my dad again just sucked beyond all comprehension. It's been almost 6 years now since he passed away, while the original pain and anguish have diminished, there is still an aching void that will always remain. It was an incredibly difficult journey for me, but as a result I have personally grown in a way I could have never imagined!
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 7:50 PM on May. 19, 2011