What's wrong with gay couples adopting children?

Two gay men adopted 12 children. 5 of the kids are siblings. If all of these kids are loved, safe and happy why is there a problem with gay couples adopting them?

These are unwanted children by their families. Now, they are wanted and cherished!

This question isn't JUST about these 2 men, it's about every gay couple that wants to adopt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Adoption

• yesmaam, what will a straight child experience in life that a gay parent couldn't understand, exactly? Does that mean that if one of my children is gay I should give them to a gay couple, since I won't know what they're going through?

I hate it when people freak out over stuff like this. Gay people are PEOPLE and they love their children just like the rest of us. I agree with bishopblack, it usually comes down to "it's a sin." Get over it, seriously.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Anon, you're wrong on all counts. Go talk to another gay person, because your friend is the exception, not the rule. They don't CHOOSE to be ostracized and criticized and even lynched for who they love. There may be no studies to prove that it's not a choice, but there are certainly no studies proving that it IS one. And MOST animals show homosexual behavior, in about the same percentage that human beings do.

And yes, the kids will face adversity... because of people like you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I think any couple who adopt are doing something amazing, and deserve a lot of respect for it.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:19 AM on May. 19, 2011

• "I don't think these people are putting the childest best interest at heart, I think they're being selfish."

It's less selfish to let them sit in the foster care system unadopted? Really?
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:23 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm biased I suppose, my best friend of almost 25 years is a gay man who would love nothing more than to have a family with his husband (who sadly are not longer legally married since the state they live in legalized gay marriage then changed it back to being unrecognized). I also live in a state where gay marriage is legal and recognized.
    As long as a child is loved and cared for I don't care what color, religion, sexual orientation etc the parents are.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:27 AM on May. 19, 2011

• anonymous- if you truely believed that and didn't realize how ridiculous you sound right now, you wouldn't have posted anonymously

that's like saying heterosexuals choose who they want to be attracted to. get real.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:36 AM on May. 19, 2011

• missanc - How many kids are raised by a single parent of the opposite gender and grow up completely fine?
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2011

• "bishopblack - Example. Since this country is not over racism or accepting of gay couples (yes there are some who are, but not all) I don't think its right to put a child in a situation to get hurt, picked on, etc. GemGem said it better than I did."

And some people aren't ok with say, religious couples, or couples who practice a different religion. Look at the way that your average American looks at Muslims. Should American Muslim families not be able to adopt, too, to protect the kids from reprisal?

Any way you slice it, it's bigotry. Period.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't think there is a problem with gay couples adopting children.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with families that are loving and caring. I prefer to see this than children being abused.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:20 AM on May. 19, 2011