Why do so many women aks if they are pregnant?

Every day it seems like people describe all their symptoms and tell when their period was. How could anyone online possible tell you if you're knocked up? Every time I read one these I want to reply DUH GET A TEST!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol! I wonder that too! Mine are older though, I guess I just chalked it up to first time nerves & excitement and wanting to tell someone so they tell strangers instead of loved ones - which is a good strategy considering some of them are only a couple days late. I never get it when someone says they've taken x# of tests and wants to know if they're wrong - Like how would I know? You just gotta channel back to the exciting period uncertainty that they're in
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 8:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I know that I joined this site for some advise and someone to express my feelings to. Some of my questions may have reactions by members like "DUH". However I still deserve advise regardless how stupid the question, just like yourself. My husband and I are trying to have a baby, but we are also trying to keep it to ourselves. So questions that I would normally ask a friend or one of my sisters I ask cafemom. It has been a huge help. Most of the time she probley is excited, and does not want to test to early, and be dissapointed with a negative reslut.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I realize that a lot of the women may be 1st time moms, but you'd think the first thing they'd do is buy a test, right? I guess they're wanting us to calm their nerves... but still.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I did it because A) it was way too early to test even though I felt pregnant B) I have very few friends who have ever been pregnant or are pregnant, and I def. didn't want to ask them about my symptoms, lest they go around telling everyone I'm pregnant C)I didn't want to look stupid if it turned out I wasn't pregnant after all D) to some extent, I didn't think my symptoms were "normal."
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008