Yogurt?

My DD is 6 months old.... her doctor gave me papers at her last check and one had a typical feeding schedual for 6 month olds. My question is can you give 6 month olds yogurt? if yes what kind?

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 11:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! They shouldn't have dairy unti l12 months! I started giving my son YoBaby Yogurt when he was completely off formula and on whole milk.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 11:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i t depend on how many other things you have given them and how mature their digestive tract is. If the dr.said you can than you can
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have given my 1st DD yogurt since she started solids at 4 1/2 months. She loved it and never had issues. My 2nd DD is 6 months and has been eating yogurt since about 5 months. No issues. I would say no more than once a week, because it will clean them out! They make special yogurt for babies called YoBaby, its more gentle than adult yogurt and tastes great too!
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 11:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I forgot to mention...I breastfeed, maybe that makes a difference as to why my kids were fine with it?
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 11:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You CAN introduce yogurt after 8 months. It doesn't go along with the "no milk" rule. And this is for a few reasons... the primary reason is they aren't drinking it. The "rule" was made to prevent people switching their baby to milk before they are old enough. Also yogurt is broken down more than milk so it's easier to digest than regular milk.
    I would go with Yobaby
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You can give babies yogurt, but I'd wait until 9 or 10 months as opposed to 6.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I asked my pedi last week because my SO gave some to our DD. She said that it is fine b/c it can help regulate the normal flora in the digestive tract. I would however not use it more than a couple of times a week.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2008