He Just Wont listen....

My Son is 19 months and he Wont listen to me i am allways yelling at him and he makes me feel bad and that he dont like me but not matter what i do he wont do what i ask if i tell him 5 times yell he wont listen he fight to get changed or put clothing on....i tell him no and he runns and does it or hit he spit food out on the floor when he dont want it...he lays on the floor and yells as loud as he can spanking dont work im out of idea he drives me nut

Miszsamantha

Asked by Miszsamantha at 11:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hes only a baby. he doesnt understand. be simple when you are telling him to do things or not to do things. patience momma.....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my boys are 17months...we thankfully dont have this problem...they are really good. if i say "no sir" they turn around. If i say bring it here they do..

we did this thing when i say no they do test...i say it 3 times if they do then i pick them up and make them sit for a min. then if they do it again 2 min. ect. i hope this works
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He does understand,dont think he doesn't cause that will get you into even more trouble,he is testing ur boundaries, i have a 19 month old and she is most definatley not perfect but she is very well behaved. I don't know how to tell you exactly what to do with out an exact senario and i cant guarantee one thing will work. One thing when they throw temper tantrum just walk away even if u are in a store go a couple feet away or where they can't see you but u can see them, at home just go read a magazine or act like it, after a few time they will realize it isn't gonna work. The main thing is BE consistant.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When u say something mean it and do it. Create possitive and negative reinforcements. Make sure when they do do something good you reward them. When they hurt you tell them, and tell them they made you sad act like u really are sad (NOT MAD) it works for some reason. When you want them to do something make it a game or like they are helping you. My daugter will throw things away, put her clothes in the dirty clothes, pick up food off the floor, but when she does it she claps and i say yeah or give me five, the more possitive you are the better. Create boundaries, and stick to them. if you say "if you do that one more time u are getting a time out" than give them a time out when they do it again. Me and my sister talk about this all the time her daughter is 18 mo it is a lot of hard work right now but it will pay off in the end.
    Cherish050307

• One more thing having a pretty consistant schedule will help with a lot of the tantrums, and feel free to cmessage me if you want anymore advice i am a young single mother but i have a lot of experience
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I dont think the last thing i wrote posted consistant schedule and feel free to message me if you waant to
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• DD does the same thing...I use a combination of things...spanking/timeouts/positive reinforcement....but she really hates time-outs!!! She'll cry as if her little heart's broken....but, after she comes out of the corner, she does what I say....
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2008