What Do I need to start a daycare...is there any paper work needed? if so what?

Kids from 3 months to 2 years. or 3years
I know some of u cafe moms have at home day care...
and Any advice is welcome....

I need as much advice as possible so please bump my question so it can been seen... (-:

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 9:33 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Do you want to be state licensed or not? I'm not a fan of leaving my kid in one not licensed from the state. But I will not under any circumstances put my child in one where any of the workers are not first aid and CPR trained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You need get in touch with the Child Care Resource department in your state. Like the PP, I have never left my children in the care of an unlicensed daycare provider. My DCP is in home, but licensed. She renews her first aid and CPR certificates yearly (or whenever they're due), she takes on going early childhood classes offered by the state, etc.
    This is going to be your best route.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:49 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It is a LOT of work running a business - much of which is not understood by those who venture into business and is often the cause of the ultimate failure of the business. I'm talking about the details about paperwork etc that can cause real problems come tax time, and health regulations that can cost a lot in fines if overlooked.

Your local library is a great place to start, as are other day cares in your area. Unlike most people thing, it is a GREAT idea to talk to your "competitors" and they are often eager to share the problems that they have faced and overcome. People new to entrepreneurship will sometimes try to "protect" their business idea, when those who have experience know that you need to work out ALL the details and talk to as many people as possible before you move ahead.

Make a business plan.

Good luck!!

(and if you are interested in an easier way to make money from home, let me know :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 12:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• it is a lot of work!!!! not much $$$$$. go online and look up starting a daycare. i would reccomend getting paid at the beginning of the week that way whether they are there or not. PLUS you won't get screwed out of any money. My goal is to NOT babysit anymore by the fall!!! It is a TON of work and very little money for the amount of responsibility and energy it takes.
    I also have an easier way to make money from home if you are interested...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Check licensing in your area.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:39 PM on May. 19, 2011