How do you do it?

How do you women find a way to work outside the home in the summer time? How do you arrange child care for a older child (like what do they do all day?). I would do it if I could find a way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• umm daycare!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I only work weeends...so DH is home!
    lovingMomOf5..

Answer by lovingMomOf5.. at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Same way as I "found a way" to work during the rest of the year.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• there are summer camps, daycare, babysitters, friends, family and depending on the age of the child the can be left alone for a few hours a day after the age of 12.....there are plenty of ways to do it you just have to be commeted
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I work from home, so I really don't need to put my kids in daycare or find a sitter. When I am required to work overtime and have a heavy work load sometimes I will call my mil, or my parents and see if they will watch the kids for a while. Most of the time I wait and work when hubs is home and then he parents the kids while I work.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I work at home. When I'm not going to be home for work, the kids go to a my grandmother or mom, or stay home with their dad if he's home. All year, not just in the summer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Is there a neighbor girl or a friend's daughter that's willing to hang out with your LO for a few bucks?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Summer can be expensive with or without daycare. In fact I think my son was happier in daycare because he had so much activity. Its really hard for me to think up enough stuff to do when they are home....When I worked outside the home my oldest went to the coolest daycare. They went on field trips, went swimming everyday, he had a ton of friends there, they had tennis, art, theater, they learned different languages, video games. It was a very positive experience....shop around. Check out recreation centers, and different daycares...find one that you are happy with. The one he went to was an alternative to regular daycare and so they had so much fun..they were family.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• My sil and 3 sisters all work they use daycare. Doesn't seem to be a big deal for them.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 10:21 AM on May. 19, 2011

• If I can find work, I work around DH's schedule so that we don't have to worry about the cost of child care.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:38 AM on May. 19, 2011