Chemically permed or straightened? Natrual hair, or irons need not answer.

Which do you do?

Perm or Chemically straighten your hair?

Right now mine is permed to control my natural curl. Chemical straighteners do not work on me. In a week, it's back to curly no matter what they do. So, I'm living with my curls.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't perm or straighten my hair. I wash it and let it air dry. I brush it and use the occasional hair spray to keep it out of my face.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I tried the Brazillian blowout in December to straighten my wavy hair. While it did a great job in straightening the front, the back where I have some big waves looked awful, and it took too much time with a hair dryer to make it look decent. After reading about the issues with fermaldehyde and other chemicals in the product, I won't be doing that again.

So I'm back to using my blow dryer and occassional flat iron to straighten it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:21 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i have chemically straigtened mine before and it didnt work..i have also permed mine and all it done was relax the curls some..not enough to be able to tell anything but it curled the top where its flat bc of the weight of my curls..i decided to give up and deal with it
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:26 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I have natural curly hair and I just straighten it.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I have a lil body in my straight hair so I just put a lil more body by using a perm so that way I can wear it straight or scrunched!!
    Boxer-Mom

Answer by Boxer-Mom at 11:38 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I have naturally curly hair and have both permed and chemically straightened my hair. I did this all back in high school though and haven't done either in at least 8 years.

The perms I did just to control the curl a bit. Since some were tighter than others and yadda yadda. lol
    I did a chemical straightener just to see what it would be like and I LOVED it It worked really well and my hair was super manageable for a few months without ANY product.

I wouldn't do either again though, if I want straight I just flat iron my hair. If I want curly I know the right products to use now to get a nice pretty curl and not a giant puffy mess. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:00 PM on May. 19, 2011