Why am I not allowed to celebrate Christmas?

So schools are not allowed to have "Christmas" parties anymore, the White house is considering not having a "Christmas" tree next year. Forget about having any public nativity displays. Everywhere I go they treat Christmas like it is a disease!! Why is it that it is politically correct to exclude Christmas, but if we were to exclude any other holiday based on religion, that would be discrimination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Exactly!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Just another way they are trying to get rid of Christ.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• didnt know all of that!! that is so wrong!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I haven't seen anything saying Happy Hanukah, or Happy Kwanza, or any of that. I have however seen tons of Christmas sales and Christmas shows and commercials on tv. I don't get how people can feel like they're being discriminated against because of Christmas. It's EVERYWHERE.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• this country need more GOD ad christmas people are. Than the Jews need to decorate for Hanukuh and make a hanukuh sale. Not being rude one of my best friends is a Jew, but seriously it's not about Chritmas is is about people wanting a "Higher power " to be gone. People need it this world is going to hell. Kids and people are evil
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with you and I  think its so rediclious, Christmas has been apart of this country's history from the very beginning. Its so annoying. If you don't like it then "you" don't celebrate it. Whats next the fourth of July, thanksgiving? Good Lord

Anonymous

• Getting people to buy things with the excuse that it is Christmas is an entirely separate thing than being able to sing Christmas carols in English, etc. It is no problem in the public schools to sing Christmas carols in Spanish AND have Nativity scenes with Mary, Joseph & Jesus for Christmas time school assemblies if you are Hispanic because the political correctness police want to show that they respect Hispanic culture. So, like the original question said, why are English-speaking people not allowed to celebrate Christmas? We don't have a culture?? My indignation is not a knee-jerk reaction - this has been getting worse for the last 10 years. Even a Christmas TREE is taboo - as if an evergreen decorated with lights is any kind of religious statement ! It's crazy.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I guess where I live everyone loves Christmas because everything around here is about Christmas right now and I love it. cause I love Christmas.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my child is in band and his concert is in 2 weeks and they are playing a few Christmas songs in ENGLISH. so like I said I guess we love Christmas here.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ginger, you might want to look a little closer to the things you are seeing. Many of those "Christmas" shows, sales, etc are actually "Holiday" shows, sales, etc. Christ has been taken out of the equation. Why? to be politically correct. I have no problem with all religions celebrating their beliefs, but as a Christian I feel that I am not allowed the same right to freely have my beliefs celebrated!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2008