What inexpensive summer fun are you planning for your kids?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:11 AM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Camping where the only real cost to us is the fee for our spot for the tent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We have a pool so we will spend much time in the pool. I also have a trampoline they like to play on. Marquee Movies also has free movies twice a week, they are usually last years kid movies, but it is free. We have a park not too far from here that has water spouts and shooters so we go there too. On wednesdays we go to TCBY for 99 cent waffle cones. We are also going to the zoo this summer, and to carowinds.

Answer by gemgem at 10:15 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I bought a cheap blow up pool last year, that we will use again this summer. We recently put fresh sand in our sandbox, so they will have that too. I plan on taking them to the park, we have two really close, to play and have picncs. I want to do a lot of crafty things, too. We may take some day trips to the zoo or to a science museum. Our local museum has activities that sometimes are not too expensive, so my dd can do some of those.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Swimming. camping. bike rides. museums. sleeping in
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:19 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Pool, waterpark, movies, playdates. My older son will be going to summer camp for 5 wks (day camp) so he will have alot of activities to keep him busy and for now my almost 2 year old is pretty easy to keep entertained.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i like to take my little ones fishing .. and i take them to the creek to play in the water.. they have a blast. We also like to do a treasure hunt.... i'll go hide something outside around the house and make lots of clues.. and let them start by giving them their first clue.. THEY LOVE IT! We always go for walks and let them ride their bike along with us. Go to the park .. play base ball.. kick ball.. what ever sounds fun and what they like to do. we have a arena very close to the house and they go there when there's a rodeo or just play days.. they go to the roping shows. we find all kinds of stuff to do without paying a whole lot.. I'm sure we'll go to the zoo this summer.. but i think thats the most expensive thing that we go to do..its like a 3 hour drive to get to our zoo.
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 10:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I really want to let them finger paint and then hang up on the paintings. I would love to take them to the beach but I'm not sure we will be able to afford it. My four year old has never been to the beach so that would have been nice. We also have baby pools that they can swim around in.
    Mrs.E.Herrera

Answer by Mrs.E.Herrera at 10:32 AM on May. 19, 2011

• hiking, site seeing, days at the park, gardening, waterballoon fights, the zoo (ours is small, its only $4 for adults and children are free), camping, swimming, flying kits, sand dunes.... stuff like that.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:58 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I just flew a few days ago to spend a month with my parents in TN while DH is underway. So, I'll probably take them to the park that I went to when I was growing up and I know that we are planning to take them to Dollywood. Not sure other than that. After we go back home, I'll probably get a blow up pool and let them spend time in that.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Nothing really. We don't make plans for the summer and just wing it and I expect my kids to entertain themselves. We're hoping to go camping. That's going to end up costing a bit because we have to buy supplies we don't have already (except the tent that we have). We have to buy a pack n play to go to contain the youngest (he'll be in July).
    Other than that it's free to go to the zoo since we already bought our membership. My husband will be working a ton of OT and he has our only car so it will mostly be just sitting around the house with the kids outside playing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:33 PM on May. 19, 2011