stretch marks.

when do they usually show and do alot of people get them? im 27 weeks and dont have any yet...is it likely that i will? ive gained 8 pounds and people are usually shocked that im that far along...im not big at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not everyone gets them but if you do it all depends on your body or you might not see them until birth.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• it all depends on your type of skin and your genetics... some get them some don't only time will tell. I got my first at 30 weeks and my family is prone to them... I gained a total of 32 lbs and had my 11 lb baby at 42 weeks, after the 30 weeks it all went downhill for me... my tummy will never be the same but it was well worth it. :) some people say try Bio Oil, hope that helps
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I didn't show with my first child until i was 7 months pregnant and got very few stretch marks. Put lotion on your belly, hips, thighs and lower back every day and it should help minimize the stretch marks. I have had 3 children and I have seen a lot of people with a lot worse then me. Mine also are all below my belly button except for 1 small one just above the center of my belly button.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 11:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Stretch marks are something that you "usually" inherite..If your mom has then then you will have them..you don't seem far enough along to have them yet. They appear when the skin is stretched to his limit..7-9 months.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my mom didnt really get any and she had 3 kids...i lost weight everywhere else so should i worry about my thighs?
    Anonymous

• stretch marks dont only occur from gaining weight, they can also happen from loosing alot and loosing it fast. No amount of product will prevent it but it may help manage them, also drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I didn't get my stretch marks till I was almost 8 months. I gained a lot of wieght at the end due to pre-eclampsia and bam there they were. Mine actually are worse than my mothers. I heard shea butter or even baby oil helps.
    Anonymous

• i got noticiable stretch marks on my sides when i was about 7 months along , but after my son was born i got 1 stretch mark on my tummy wich is about 1 inch long(its below the belly button). But my doc sadi that there is nothing to prevent them ccoming- so you cant really change the outcome
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I'm not too sure but I think I started getting stretch marks when I was 7 months. They got worse as the time went by and mine are horrible everywhere (I gained 50 lbs but was underweight to begin with). The stretch marks started in my inner thighs and just spread like wildfire. I got stretch marks on my thighs, down by my left knee on the side,on the sides of my stomach, all over my stomach above and below my belly button (after I gave birth my stomach looked so wrinkly but got a little better), I got them on my butt, I got them on my boobs, and I even have two little ones by my left armpit!!! Cocoa butter for stretchmarks did not work for me. Hope you are luckier than I was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Some people get them some dont. I have always been prone to stretch marks, I gain a pound and I get them, I have a TON from my pregnancy. Cocoa butter didnt do a damn thing except kept them from itching. Hope you dont get any! GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2008