my lil 7 year old girl is rubing her vagina with baby wipes alot is this ok?

nursebaby2

Asked by nursebaby2 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My best guess is that she is exploring and found that it feels good. My 3-year-old tends to touch herself a lot lately, and I try to let her know that she only does that when she's by herself.
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I know this sounds gross but my 7 yo daughter has just recently become aware that if she doesn't shower she starts to smell. She can shower anytime she wants but I know she doesn't like to because she has a hard time getting all of her long hair wet, washed, rinsed and combed (ouch). These two irritations have her in a pickle sometimes. Maybe your daughter has similiar thoughts?
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 8:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• its not the greatist the wipes leave a soap resadue even if she cant see it or feel it so its leaving that on her skin so its not very wise to use it that much thats why your not suppose to use them to much on babies

hope it helps

: )
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would ask her why she is doing it. If she feels dirty, then maybe she needs to bathe more often? If she needs to freshen up I would make sure she knows to do that behind a closed door (like in the bathroom). The bottom line is that she needs to know how to care for herself and keep herself clean.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Ask her why.
    If it's because it feels good, tell her that that's OK but that the baby wipes contain chemicals that aren't good for that area of her body. They can cause yeast infections for one.
    If she keeps finding a "snotty" discharge, it's time for the "talk" though it might still be a few years before she starts her cycle.
    If she is scratching itches or has pain, she needs to be seen.

In any case, consider getting a copy of "The Care and Keeping of You". It will help her learn what is going to happen to her body and how to take care of her body.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Good answer kaycee14! I forgot all about that book! I need to get that for my daughter
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008