My 8 yo knocked my 1 yo down...

She was playing around swinging a pillow and he walked behind her she knocked him down right on to his head. He started screaming loud like pain screaming of course. I picked him up and he stopped screaming but more like a whimper that was over an hour ago and he is still kind of whimpering should I take him to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always lean on the side of safety. My answer would be yes, I would take him.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Only you know your son. If you did not find a goose egg or anything like that after his fall, he is not throwing up, or staggering he is most likely fine. However, you are the only one that knows him, so if you think that he is acting strangely and that there might be something wrong taking him in might make you feel better. Only you can make that decision. Good luck and I hope that if you do take him in that you are able to leave your daughter at home... as late as it is... to make things easier for you.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• does usually react to pain like that? if not i would take him definatly he should have way forgotten about i by now better safe then sorry and it is night so if you wait he may fall asleep and if he has a concusion (sp?) you don't want him to fall asleep
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008