Am I the only one that wont let my SO see me naked?

Ok, so this comes from a discussion on another post...I made a comment that I got waxed down below and a lady responded that she would be too embarrassed to have anyone but her husband or OB down there. Its strange, but I feel more comfortable with the salon lady "seeing" than my SO. I get picked on by everyone from my sister to my great grandma for having to have the lights off.

Do you think its unfair of me to constantly be covered up with my SO? I mean I do expect him to be faithful (and he is) but I deny him any chance to see me or any other woman naked...lol. My great grandma joked with me saying "Don't wait to get thinner or better looking, because it ain't gonna happen".

Is anybody else this crazy? And if so, what makes you self conscious?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have always been really self concious because I used to be really fat when I was younger and I got teased relentlessly. And I guess that really sticks with you. I am no longer fat, but I guess I have really really low self esteem. My husband is really great about it. It is just really hard sometimes. I understand where you are coming from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I like your grandma!

DH and I have been married for 19yrs....we know each other like the back of our hands. lol
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Quote: "Don't wait to get thinner or better looking, because it ain't gonna happen". View Full Size Image

Tell like it is grandma. 

cm08

Answer by cm08 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have issues with having the light on too.. I have two kids and I am not built like some lucky mommies! My husband told me the other day that when we are being intimate, he is not thinking about stretch marks.. or things like that... he just wants to see some bootie and boobies.... and that I'm hot no matter what. he pointed out to me the things he loves about me.. like my hips and my neck and the small of my back.. Maybe you could ask your DH to name things that he loves about your body and what he is thinking about when you are being intimate.. It made made feel a little better when mine did that!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• ur granny seems kinda rude

Anyway...

Its no one bizz but yours,!
    Anonymous

• I love your granny too! I tend to stay covered up way more now that I'm preggo, which is odd because I paraded about butt-naked for the first two and it didn't bother me. I don't normally have any issues with him seeing me, he's been int he delivery room, held my hair while I puked, we don't even shut the bathroom door at our house. He says he likes the way I look naked and until he tells me otherwise I'm going to let him have it lol.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Ever since I've had two kids, there's no way he's seeing me naked! I feel so disgusted with how I look, I'm afraid he will be too. And I used to be so thin and I thought decent looking, I don't want him to see what I've become.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• When you are that self conscious with your SO/DH how can you expect him to not wonder about all your physical flaws? How can you share children with him but not allow him to see you naked? It doesn't make sense to me. I'm 5'2" and weigh 200 lbs and I'll bounce up and down in the daylight naked as can be. My DH loves my body and loves my confidence. Confidence is sexy. To me it would be keeping a dangerous distance that would prevent true intimacy from ever occurring. JMO
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Truth be told, I was way more self conscious at 125lbs than I am at 200 lbs.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• THe older I get, the more confidence I get. weird because I used to be a prof. model and weighed 125 pound back in the day at 5 ft 10, w/ perfect measurements: 36, 23 36. God only knows what the measurements are. I force myself into tight clothes, and weigh in btwn 175 and 180, and I shrank and inch! Yet, I am not concerned, and like the lights on. I am still vain as I ever was, but I am more than just my body. I am a good lover, and a good friend to my husband, and he doesn't complain. Besides he' also shrank and got fatter. ANd I love him no less. I would be too embarrassed to have a salon lady do that waxing for sure!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 1:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2008