Now its TWO family friends that will be watching the kids...

Slight dilemma, my brother is getting married friday night, me and dh are in the wedding , i have 6 kids total none of them are IN the wedding but will be at the ceremony and then there is NO kids at the reception. So months ago i arranged for a family friend to watch my four older kids at my mom's house, and dh and i would bring the infant twins to the reception (since they don't cost anything) Well not only did my one uncle mooch my sitter by deciding to leave his two kids with her also (of course hes not REALLY mooching he is going to pay her seperately) but family friend goes and gets herself another family friend to help her with all the kids. Now i don't know what to do as far as payment? when i asked them what they would want, they both say oh don't worry about it, but i have to give them something. My kids are well mannered and well behaved but none the less there is 4 of them that the girls will be dealing with plus my uncles two kids for the entire 5 hour reception. Whats a fair amount to give?

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 10:41 AM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• $50 each. You pay one and uncle pays the other. I think thats fair.

Answer by gemgem at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would pay her what you were originally going to pay, and those two can work out the details :) Have fun momma!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I like the gift card idea, I never would have thought of that.. but maybe a 20 dollar gift card each? Or a 20 dollar gift card for both of them and some morning coffee for both and donuts?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Take the pair to dinner, or each a $20 gift card to eat, if you can swing it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:47 AM on May. 19, 2011