My Husband hurt his back

a few weeks ago we went to the Vermontville Maple Syrup festival and my husband went down one of those long slides and his tailbone has been hurting ever since; he sometimes can barely walk and has trouble getting in and out of the car and up and down from the couch.

Does anyone know what this could be or what is causing him so much pain?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:48 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• Maybe he bruised his tailbone. That can last a long time and hurt like HECK! If it continues or impedes every day life, I'd stop by the doc and get it checked. Could be a pulled muscle or something too. Hope he feels better soon!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:26 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Pinched nerve possibly?? I would check with a spine doctor.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It sounds to me like he bruised his tailbone. Like PP said it can take a long time to heal and it hurts like heck. I would consider taking him to the doctor just to be sure but if it is a bruised tailbone there is not a whole lot they can do, basically it just needs time to heal. Hope he gets feeling better.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 11:47 AM on May. 19, 2011

• he either bruised his coccyx bone or may have broken it. Needs x-ray ASAP
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:47 PM on May. 19, 2011