How are new answers coming on to my closed questions?

I noticed this yesterday - I closed a question and about 10 minutes later it had another new answer on it. Today I closed one and it got two more new answers a minute or two later. Is it a CM fluke or are closed questions not really closed?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:49 AM on May. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Not sure but I *think* if they had already started typing an answer when it was closed, it will pop up anyway. A few days ago, I was in the middle of answering a question when it was closed, and my answer showed up after the "This question was closed by the Cafemom Team" notice.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:51 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I have had this happen. I just figure they had the window open, walked away, came back, responded, and that is how it happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe so. Used to if I started to answer a question and and then the OP closed it when I tried to post it would say that the question is closed. Maybe CM changed it.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:53 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh yeah it does do that doesn't it. Hmmm now I am not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I started a response before you closed it, so when I posted my response it still showed up. This happensd to me a lot when I answer questions. I begin composing an answer and have to take a phone call or something, and by the time I post my answer the question is closed.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:00 AM on May. 19, 2011

• it's just the timetable on them closing it, you clicked it and someone must have sent the message as you clicked to close so their answer was added to your answers. It happens, not a big deal. They can't add answers several minutes after, but one or two may pop up because they had been typing it in while you were closing it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:26 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with anon. I will have a question up, leave to put lunch on the table or something, come back, type out my answer, and it will post but show that the question is closed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2011

• they are closed, it just takes time
    the answers that come up are a delayed reaction
    i noticed that too but notice how no new answers will come up an hour later ;)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011