What does this mean? adult content

Hi,

My dh hadn't been feeling well and went to the doctors today. He was coughing up small amounts of blood. (very little when he coughed, slight pink on tissue), dizziness,nauseous and very tried.

The told him he has bronchitis and gave him medication to help with his symptoms and an antibiotic. He also told me he has an enlarged heart. I think he said that he is going to see another doctor to have them check him out.

Should I be concerned? He is an ex-smoker. (quick 3 yrs ago after smoking for 32 yrs, started at 13 I think) What about the enlarged heart? What does that mean and should I worry?

Thanx for any thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• I would worry more about the heart than anything. his larger heart may mean he doesn't have enough blood to keep it pumping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with Anon. I would worry about the enlarged heart. That can cause serious complications if not treated promptly and properly. Hope he is ok, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It may affect the level of physical things he will be able to do safely, but especially now that they are aware of it, hopefully they will be able to show you how to adapt his physical activity to his condition.

I wouldn't panic just yet. It is not an entirely uncommon condition, and most people that have issues with it have the issues because they never knew they had a problem.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• there are many people walking around with an enlarged heart and have no idea.
    Im concerned with coughing up blood or the slight pinkish in color, that maybe coming from his lungs. It could be the infection as well. I would get him a chest x-ray to confirm the bronchitis. If he is on antibiotics this should have stopped by now. Im more concerned now that you have mentioned an enlarged heart. With the other symptoms please look into this and get a 2nd opinion if you must, could be congestive heart failure. Please I don't mean to alarm you but as a nurse those symptome you described need to be rechecked. Please.....
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2011