Going to Disney for the first time !!!!

Any advise for a newbie? It will be myself, husband and 3 daughters ages 11, 6, and 5.

alboston

Asked by alboston at 10:50 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Travel

• You really CAN'T see two parks a day. It could take two days just to see all of Epcot, more than one day to see Magic Kingdom and one day each at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. So don't feel bad that you didn't pay all the extra money for the park hopper tickets. The people who use the park hopper tickets are like teenagers who just want to run back and forth riding the roller coasters. These places are so big and have so much to do. We live near Orlando, so we are frequent theme park visitors. My advice is to put a back pack on everyone with sunblock, a poncho (because we get afternoon thunderstorms almost daily), and several water bottles, and snacks. You can even carry in your lunch and save some money, which is what we do. You can't take in a hard cooler, but you can take in soft ones.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Be sure to wear sunscreen, carry a bottle of water, and wear hats and comfortable shoes.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:53 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Plan some downtime and realize you really can't do it all in one trip. Focus on what you think you will enjoy and plan on some pool time or quiet time to unwind or you will come out more stressed than you came in. Remember its not a checklist of parks, its about fun family time together.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We took our dd 2 yrs ago for her 5th bday. I had never been before. It was overwhelming!! We only went to the Magic Kingdom for one day, and we did not see everything. So, I would suggest you spend more than one day if you can so you can see more. And wear comfy shoes!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!! Wish I could go too!! :))
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We want to go..Have a great time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Did you get discount tickets? Are you flying in? What was travel and ticket and room costs?
    I am trying to find a way to take the kids this summer but so far its out of our price range unless we find some amazing deals.
    Thanks.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We have 5 day passes. I called myself leaving my husband to do the planning but I see I shouldve done it. Ive read up and it said to visit at least 2 parks a day because Epcot is a lot of walking, MK is a lot of rides, and MGM is a lot of shows. We shouldve gotten park hopper passes but we didnt.
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 10:59 AM on May. 19, 2011

• great advise slw123 thank you!
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 1:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You will love it!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:57 AM on May. 21, 2011