No More Crib!!

My 6 month old does not want to sleep in her crib anymore,Until just recently she slept great all through the night but not anymore, the only way she will sleep is in my arms or in the bed with her father and I. How can i get her to sleep in her crib, She can not sleep in the bed with us!! Help Please!!!!

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 10:53 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cry it out or move her to her bed after she falls asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Do you still swaddle her? My DSs went through that.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:55 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe she's teething? Does she drooling a lot?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't know what to tell you, both my kids sleep with us lol so it's kinda too late for us. The only thing I know most people do is just make sure she's fed, changed, and not in pain from teething or anything, and try rocking her to sleep, and then putting her down. If she wakes up and cries, let her cry....I never could do that though, lol, I'm a weenie.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 1:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My son co-sleeps has been since he was born but the funny thing he'll sleep anywhere I put him
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I went through that with oldest DD. I eased her into it. I'd hold her until she was *almost* asleep, then put her in. Then I'd sit next to the crib and pat her/rub her and sing until she went to sleep. Then, I quit singing and just rubbed her. Then, I'd just sit next to her where she could see me. Then, I moved closer to the door. It took about two weeks, but she started going to sleep/sleeping on her own.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• perhaps you might try having her sleep in the same room as you, but in a co-sleeper. Arms reach makes great side cars you can attach to your bed. Just don't fall asleep holding her, trying to avoid the bed sharing thing. That is WAY more dangerous! Dr. Sears has great advice on cosleeping and bedsharing. askdrsears.com
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:04 PM on May. 19, 2011