How long does it take to start losing weight?

I started my diet on May 2nd, I've been doing very well. I've been exercising a lot, taking the stairs, and trying to stick to 1495 calories a day. ( Webmd's weight watchers type program.) I've lost about 4 pounds which is good but i'm starting to get frustrated. Am I getting frustrated too fast. How long do you think it takes to start losing weight when you diet, keeping in mind that you build muscle when you exercise?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• high fiveyou are losing weight at a very healthy rate...why are you frustrated? It took a long time to gain it, it takes a long time to lose it. unless you are a young woman under 30, it's going to take longer to lose weight. But, once it starts coming off...it's all down hill. Don't get frustrated,..keep going. You are losing at a good, healthy weight. People who drop too quickly are much more likely to gain it all back. here is a high five for you! Keep it up!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm 29 lol! But i had two kids.!
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would also be frustrated with 4 pounds in almost 3 weeks. Usually when I start a diet, I've done WW over the past few years, I lost about 4-5 in the first week, then 1-2 every week after. I hit a plateau on WW and no matter what the scale won't budge, so I just starte dthe 17 day diet and have lost 5 pounds already! So psyched, total motivation to keep going.

They say that healthy weight loss is 1-2 per week, but you usually drop alot of water weight the first week and lose more...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you have to include a protein with each meal (break, lunch, dinner) then 3 snacks in between, healthy snack like fruits and nuts
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:42 PM on May. 19, 2011