What seasoning can I use in beef stew?

Okay, I only have the main ingredients for beef stew but I have no seasoning, usually I use the mccormick beef stew seasoning since it is quick, but I do not have any. I have beef bullion cubes but I doubt that will taste the same. Going to the market is out not an option since I am home from work with a lovely stress fracture to the ankle. Are there any seasonings I can use or any way I can use the beef bullion cubes to get the same taste? Thanks ladies!!!

jjk45xox

Asked by jjk45xox at 10:55 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They sell beef stew seasoning it packs. im making stew today too, lol
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 10:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you can also use gravy
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• lol, I bought everything at the market last night & this morning I realized I'm short on supplies with no way to the market.
    jjk45xox

Comment by jjk45xox (original poster) at 10:59 AM on May. 19, 2011

• When I make beef stew I season the meat with salt and pepper and roll it in flour and fry it a bit then add in some worchestershire, a can of diced tomatoes, water and a couple of bullion cubes. The worchestershire and the tomatoes work to help make the meat tender too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:59 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Bouillon will work. Worcheshire sauce is awesome.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 19, 2011

• use a little of every seasoning u have that sounds good. that's what i do when i forget. sometimes it comes out good & sometimes not so good. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 11:05 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I always add some thyme and bay leaf to my beef stew. Just remember to remove the bay leaf before serving. Salt and pepper to taste before serving as well.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You're not going to screw it up.

Do the bullion cubes. If you have an onion or beefy onion soup mix packet, you can dump that in. Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cut up an onion and put that in.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:24 AM on May. 19, 2011

• a dry package of limpton onion soup
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 11:27 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I use Mccormick montreal steak seasoning, but I have also just dumped in whatever herbs I have on hand, TIme, rosemary, oregano, basil, salt and crushed black pepper,oh and add a bay leaf.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:42 PM on May. 19, 2011