Wow not sure what to think of this. . . advice needed. . . long but i REALLY need some advice- freindship crisis! over drugs!

ok im leaving this annon for a reason-
i have this freind whos been a really great freind to me. well recently both of our husbands came home from overseas and since then our freindships kinda taken a backseat which is understandable. . . to a point. . . well recently she went to go on a mini vacation and while she was gone i was going to be having surgery. long story short i had asked her to watch my kids and when my surgery date was pushed forward so purposfully made her vacation go longer so she wouldnt have to watch them. so i had to find someone else to watch my kids. then when i got home she asked me for some of my pain meds! she said he husband went threw his pain meds *he has back problems* before his script was up and its going to be a few days b4 he can get in to see the dr or whatever.
now we had shared that in the past we both had a problem with taking pills but since i became a mom i cleaned my act up-
then if ind out thats shes breastfeeding,taking some of her husbands pain pills, and i thnk there abusing them. and it REALLY took me off guard when she asked for some of mine especially RIGHT After surgery. i literally just got home from the hospital tuesday.and she asked for them on wednesday!
what to do?!!? i eneded up telling me husband and hes PISSED! like PISSED OFF! we invited them to my lil girls party we are having but now hes no sure if he wants them there or not. we are thinking about canceling the party :( or telling them we canceled it and having it anyways but we are freinds on FB- and if she finds out im afraid she might feel betrayed..but i kinda feel betrayed! im really afraid our freindhsip is ruined now. :*(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Id tell her the truth. That your husband is pissed she asked for the pain pills you obviously needed since you had just come home from surgery the day before, and that you believe she is using again. I would be honest 100% with her. She is your friend, and sometimes it takes a friend telling us something to actually accept we might have a problem. Tell her not to come to the party until things cool off and you and her can sit down and talk about what is bothering you.

Answer by gemgem at 11:03 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Sounds like your friendship is not a priority to her.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:02 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Well, if you are friends, don't play games. Leave that kindergarden crap in the past.

Tell her that NO she cannot have your meds and straight up ask her if she is using again. Tell her that you suspect that she is using and if so, she is not welcome at your party. Period.

if she is truly a friend, she will understand your reasons.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would have said

"No, i actually need my pills for real pain so you cannot have any" I would have left it at that.

I have some friends who are in denial about their pill addiction. My friend & her husband, who are VERY well off....are ALWAYS taking pills. It's amazing how many times she & he can go to the Dr. & complain about something hurting & get pills. For the past 5 years, they have never been WITHOUT pills. But, they are getting prescribed....they have them legally.....there is not much you can do when the Dr. says it's OK. That says a lot about all the corrupt Dr.'s there are out there...

I have told her that she has an addiction & she gets REAL defensive & says she needs them fro pain...REALLY? You've had back pain for 6 fucking years? Why not see a damn chiropractor!

It's amazing how people manage get away with their pill addiction....it's very gross...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think you should be honest with her in the nicest way possible. just like gemgem said
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i would just ask her right out if shes taking pills...this may be something her husband does not know about she could be keeping it a secret from him. maybe she needs help and wants help but just doesnt know how to ask about it..i would def not give her any pills i would suggest she find a dr to give them to her if she needed them or go to the er
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would be honest with her about it all.........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• WHAT I WOULD DO IS GET HER AND HER HUSBAND ALONG WITH MY HUSBAND TOGETHER AND SIT AND HAVE A LONG TALK REASURING HER THAT YOU ARE NOT JUDGING HER YOU JUST ARE WORRY ABOUT HER SLIPING AND GETTING BACK ONTO THE HABIT OF DEPENDING ON PILLS.AND TELL HER SHE KNOWS IT'S NOT COOL TO BE TAKING PAIN MEDS WILL BREASTFEEDING.I UNDERSTAND ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF MEDS BEFORE TIME. BUT SHE DON'T NEED TO BE TAKING HER HUSBAND MEDS IF THER IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER.THAT'S WHY SHE HAS A DR..AND IF THEY GET OFFENDED THEN YOU WILL KNOW MORE THAN LIKELY SHE IS BACK TO HER OLD WAYS OF GETTING HIGH ON PAIN MEDS.AND IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN YOU SHOULD CUT HER LOSE UNTIL SHE GET HER ACT BACK RIGHT
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 12:29 PM on May. 19, 2011