How can I get a stain out of a mattress, in order to return to the store?

I know it may sound gross, but I swear, my little Taco did it. We purchased a mattress that is too firm for us, and we want to exchange it, but my little chihuahua barfed on it. I think I did a pretty good job cleaning it up, according to the naked eye, but store said they are gonna run a black light over it to check for any type of fluids. Any other way to get more of the barf out? Hopefully to pass the black light so we can get a new mattress for our better comfort?

geraldine

Asked by geraldine at 11:11 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think they are going to be able to see it....but go to a pet store and get one of those urinebgone kits....it comes with a black light. I realize it is not urine...but the spray could help anyway.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• So you want to take it back so that someone else will spend their hard earned money on a mattress that your dog threw up on? I guess you should have made sure the mattress was right for you before you let your dog near it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you're screwed. I say you sell it on cragslist or somewhere else.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Honestly, you voided the warranty when Taco threw up on it. If the store takes it back, they will be re-selling it to somebody else, and if it were me, I'd rather not have a doggie barf stain on the mattress I JUST paid for. Find a family member that will buy it from you, or ask the sales person for some of your money back on it, but there is no way they should have to eat it because your dog got sick on it.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2011

• my little Taco did it.

When you said "taco", i was not thinking of your dog....that made me LOL!

Try buying some carpet cleaner...either the foam stuff, or the resolve spray. Both have worked really well on my couches, it might work on your bed.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i would not return it if my dog barfed on it either...it would go on craigslist for less than what i payed for it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:17 AM on May. 19, 2011

• that is just gross! I cant believe you would want to return something that your dog barfed on to get something better..i dont care how well you cleaned it thats still nasty..i dont think you will be able to hide it from the ppl at the store and for the next shoppers sake i hope you dont..i surely wouldnt want something like that..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I hope you get found out.

Whoever buys that next does not want to sleep on dog vomit.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:24 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Ewww please don't do that...I would hate to think that I may have at one point bought a mattress that has some kind of bodily fluid on it lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You are not allowed to return mattresses and your not allowed to sell them either we bought one and they told us we could return the frame just not the mattress.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:49 AM on May. 19, 2011