Does your kid still play with toys?

My dd is 8 and really doesn't play with toys anymore. Outdoor toys are a different story. But she seems to have outgrown most girl toys inside. Does it seem to anyone else that boy toys seem to grow better with them? Dolls have been out for quite awhile in our house as well as Polly Pockets and LIttlest Pet Shop.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:20 AM on May. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine still play with toys. My youngest son is 11 and still plays with his action figures and other things like Legos etc. My dd is 6 and plays with her barbies, polly pockets, and really anything dress up she can find. My oldest dd is 21, and she played with her dolls forever lol. I think she was probably around 12-13 when she said the dolls in her room "staring at her" freaked her out at night.

Answer by gemgem at 11:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Mine is nearly 10 year old boy and still plays with toys. The boy likes to play with legos, action figures, and these metal things that he can build cars and stuff with. I have no idea what the metal things are, I didn't buy them, but they are little parts like screws, etc. My 9 year old girl plays with her Barbies, baby doll, and makes things out of beads and duct tape. (You can get designer duct tape in various colors and patterns). NOT my daughter, but another local girl started a business selling her duct tape creations. Making things from purses, wallets, to shoes is what girls of all ages are doing in my neck of the woods and some of them are making money off of it.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• My 10 year old girl still plays with toys.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2011

• my 9 yearold boy still plays with toys
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 2:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My daughter is 8 and she still plays with her Littlest Pet Shops, Polly Pockets, Barbie dolls, her doll house, etc. We also don't have video games systems at our house, so her choices for amusement are reading or playing with her toys.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My 7 yr old son enjoys playing with his toys. He gets to use his imagination when he plays with his toys which is a good thing.
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 9:07 PM on May. 20, 2011