When did you notice your baby getting constipation? And what did you do to help relief her pain?

I have a 2 month old that is struggling and have been trying to poop for three days now with no success. She cries at time and I don't know what to do to safely help her poop.

denswife

Asked by denswife at 11:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best friend had that problem with his son and his doc told him to put a little vaseline on a Q-tip and insert it... well you can guess where- anyway he said it worked great, and that you should get out of the way ASAP after putting it in because the results come QUICK.
    esr

Answer by esr at 3:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• call the doc i think you can give her a laxitive it will help and try some apple juice
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• gerber apple prune juice!!!
    Dylansmommy2006

Answer by Dylansmommy2006 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I used suppositories. They have child sized ones that I cut in half lengthwise. An ounce of pear or prune juice can help too.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Try taking her temp with a rectal thermometer.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• apple prune juice really works quick! or a jar of baby prunes!
    mizzlady5

Answer by mizzlady5 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You do not give a two-month-old juice.

I give Aidyn a little bit of water when he's constipated. It always helps.
    MommyOfAidyn

Answer by MommyOfAidyn at 6:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• First of all, is your baby breast or formula fed?

If your baby is EBF, it is NORMAL and SAFE for them to go up to 10 days without a bowel movement, as long as the end result is not hard, dry or pellet like. In this case, do nothing.

If your baby is formula fed, I have no experience with that, so I'm not the right person to answer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Water worked perfectly with my son... i just gave him 4 ounces and he was just fine.
    Dylanmom731

Answer by Dylanmom731 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My pedi suggested watered down prune juice when she was 2 months and was constipated on BM--Not really constipated but crying of tummy pain--1 ounce juice to 2 ounces of water.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008