I'm taking dh's credit cards... adult content

My dh has said before he wished he could leave the credit debit cards with me because he can't trust himself not to buy a ton of junk food and soda while he's out or at work.

The reason he hasn't is because he's worried what would happen if the car broke down or something and he needed money to fix it or get home.

If I had the all the cards and something did happen to him where he needed money in an emergency, is there another way to get it too him? He would have his cell phone. (we have no family or friends that would help)

If I could figure that out he'd be healthier and we'd have the money for bills.

Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• He could always have someone call and get numbers from you for purchases in an emergency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• He can have a debit card and you can do a balance transfer over the phone on the spot :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2011

• all it takes is phone call, debit credit cards are used over the phone every minute...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think I need the dummies version, I don't understand any of this. Until this week dh had total control of everything and I didn't have access.

If I understand, if he has the debit card he can call and do his own transfer over the phone? Then what's the point? He always has access then?

I don't get it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• All YOU need to do is make the call for him with the CC numbers.
    Or, have him carry a check book. It's a lot less convienent than a CC or debit card, so hopefully he would only use it for emergencies
    Most places DO NOT require payment on the spot. So if his car broke down, someone most likely will be happy to tow it and bill it. Unless you live in the inner city.
    Anonymous

• You can keep the cards if there's an emergency most places will accept a credit card, he then calls you and you tell the tow truck person or who ever the credit card number. I had to call my husband once cause he has credit cards I don't I prefer to use cash. The guy had no problem with it all. They call the number in to be processed anyways.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• All I can say is, please educate yourself on financial matters. God forbid something happened to your DH, what would you do? Try to get yourself to be independent and understand that financial matters are not that complicated.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He could always have someone call and get numbers from you for purchases in an emergency; we have had to do this once before
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2011