Would you take a bullet list or the whole essay?

We have a heavily weighted in-class essay today in English. On Tuesday she told us the writing prompt and said we could bring one 4x6 index card with a bullet list of our notes on the topic. I had the brilliant idea to write the entire essay, reduce the font size, and glue it to the index card.

Which idea sounds better? The notes or the whole essay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 19, 2011 in

• I would do the bullet notes, but plan ahead and know what you want to say in relation to those bullet points :) GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Is there any rules against that? I would just take diligent notes on the index card and take the test.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would do the bullet list, but only because I can just imagine myself with the index cards about 3 inches from my nose trying to read that small font. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2011

• DEFINITELY the bullet points. You do not want to stand in front of a class and recite your essay. You need to deliver the presentation, and I would worry that if it was all written out, you would be tempted to stand there and read it rather than present it as a discussion/lecture style delivery.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:35 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Wait, are you doing a presentation or supposed to be doing the essay in class?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2011

• It's a written in class essay.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on May. 19, 2011

• And somebody did ask if we could type out notes tiny and glue it to a card and she said yes. I'm not sure if typing a whole essay was included in that "yes" or not - nobody asked.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on May. 19, 2011

• If you are supposed to write the essay in class, then it might be considered cheating if you wrote it out before and then just copied it onto the paper in class. The teacher said that you can bring in bulleted notes, and that you can type the notes out and tape it onto the card... unless there is more to the instructions, it sounds pretty clear.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Do both, covering all of your bases.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If this is an in class essay than no. That could be considered cheating.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:29 AM on May. 21, 2011

Next question in
Subject, School

Next question overall (Money & Work)
I'm taking dh's credit cards... adult content